The Sustainable Food Procurement Working Group met on Wednesday September 7th from 6-8pm.
Location: Mt. Pleasant Neighborhood Library, 3160 16th St NW, Washington, DC 20010
Key Questions for Discussion
- What progress can we expect in DC Public Schools foodservice by the end of this school year?
- How will the key stakeholders at this meeting maintain communication, transparency, and partnership moving forward?
- What gaps in school nutrition policy and practice require additional study and action by this Working Group?
- Introductions and Opening Statements
- Report from Dr. Stacey Snelling, Dr. Sarah Belson, and Erin Watts of American University: “Creating environments to make the healthy choice the easy choice for students in the school cafeteria”
- Invited Comments from: Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE); DC Public Schools Office of Food & Nutrition Services; DC Central Kitchen; SodexoMAGIC; DC Greens & the DC Farm to School Network; DC School Food Project
- Questions for Invited Presenters from the Food Policy Council
- Questions from community members
- Questions may be submitted in advance to email@example.com (please include “School Food Questions” in the email title) or to @dcfoodpolicy on Twitter. They may also be written out on the index cards provided to the audience at the beginning of the meeting. Questions will be selected and read by Food Policy Council Members as time allows and the rest will be submitted to appropriate parties via email.
- Outcomes & Next Steps