- Tambra Raye Stevenson, WANDA
- Kristy McCarron, YMCA
- Dr. James Huang, Unity Health Care
- Develop and recommend a comprehensive “School Meals for All” policy. (Joint project with Food Access & Equity Working Group)
- Recommend comprehensive reform for Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) and evidence-based lifestyle programs for diet-related diseases, to potentially include: Medicaid coverage, technical assistance for community-based Registered Dietitians, pipelines for BIPOC Registered Dietitians, and expansion of MNT access.
- Recommend policies to enhance and expand nutrition education for DC residents based on the DC Nutrition Education Landscape Assessment conducted by Howard University.
Milan Urban Food Policy Pact Award: In October 2019, the District was internationally recognized by the Milan Urban Food Policy Pact for its approach for food as medicine programs. The District received the Highest Score Award for its Produce Plus and Produce Prescription programs. Read more about that award here.
“Food as Medicine” includes policies and programs integrating healthy food access as a core component of health care. The DC Food Policy Council has identified promoting food as medicine programs in the District as a top priority in 2019. In collaboration with DC Health, the FPC created two resources highlighting the District’s food as medicine programs and potential ways to enhance and expand these programs.