- Christopher Bradshaw, Dreaming Out Loud
- Kate Lee, Department of Energy and the Environment
- Publish policy brief recommending more food growing spaces in and around affordable housing developments.
- Recommend policy change(s) to create a pathway to land ownership for urban farmers, with a focus on BIPOC farmers.
- Publish policy brief and increase awareness on the District’s commitments under the Glasgow Food and Climate Declaration. (Joint project with Sustainable Supply Chain)
Urban Land Lease Program: With the FPC’s support and advise, the Department of Energy and Environment (DOEE) and Department of General Services (DGS) are implementing the Urban Land Lease Program within the DC Urban Farming and Food Security Act of 2014 (“DC Farm Bill”) by leasing parcels of government land to farmers for free 5-13 year leases. The FPC is working with these agencies to identify more parcels to be leased.
Urban Agriculture Tax Credit: With the FPC’s support and advise, the Department of Energy and Environment (DOEE) is implementing the urban agriculture tax credit, approved in the DC Farm Bill, which provides a property tax abatement to private landowners that lease their property (including rooftops) for urban agriculture.
Infrastructure Fund: The FPC is partnering with DOEE to apply for federal funding to create an urban agriculture infrastructure fund for farmers in the District.