The Urban Agriculture & Food System Education Working Group met on Tuesday September 13th from 6-8pm.
Location:Blind Whino, 700 Delaware Ave SW, Washington, DC 20024
Key Questions for Discussion
- What process can we expect from District agencies and policymakers to implement the Urban Farm and Food Security Act?
- What key amendments are needed to implement the Urban Farm and Food Security Act?
- How will key stakeholders at this meeting maintain communication, transparency, and partnership moving forward?
- What gaps exist is supporting urban farmers in the District?
- Introductions and Opening Statements – (6:00-6:15 pm)
- Food Policy Director Welcome & Introduction to Working Group
- Co-chairs Introductions
- Brief Background on DCFPC – Director will present for those who may not have attended the first meeting
- Overview of and Discussion of Urban Farm and Food Security Act (6:15-6:45 pm) Food Policy Director
- Invited Comments regarding status of Urban Farm and Food Security Act of 2014 (6:45-7:00 pm); Department of General Services; Department of Parks and Recreation; THEARC Farm; Dreaming Out Loud, Inc.
- Discussion of Working Group short-term (1-year) and long term (3-year) priorities (7:00 – 7:30pm)
- Identifying land, developing a process
- FPC Director will assist with facilitation
- Questions from Community Members (7:30-7:50 pm)
- Questions may be submitted in advance to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (please include “Urban Farming Questions” in the email title) or to @dcfoodpolicy on Twitter. They may also be written out on the index cards provided to the audience at the beginning of the meeting. Questions will be selected and read by Food Policy Council Members as time allows and the rest will be submitted to appropriate parties via email.
- Outcomes and Next Steps (7:50-8:00 pm)
Christopher Bradshaw, Co-Chair email@example.com
Joelle Robinson, Co-Chair firstname.lastname@example.org